Forum Index > Older Movies > Silent films: What do you think of them?

User Info Post
Czear
And do you watch them?
Posted 2 years, 1 month ago | Quote Post
andychrist
have done , "the plank" is a good modernish silentish comedy film
i love "the general"
nosferatu of course , in fact most of the ones ive seen are good , shows how a visual medium can be used for story telling ,
Posted 2 years, 1 month ago | Quote Post
BAMALAMA
I have but they're not my favorite.
Posted 1 year, 6 months ago | Quote Post
crazy808
I've watched some, and like them. They're good, but not something I watch if I have anything else available. Which is almost always.
Posted 1 year, 6 months ago | Quote Post
Czear
I think they're actually kind of interesting...different.
Posted 1 year, 4 months ago | Quote Post
MagsInCR
Com. Mod
reposting this from a locked thread:

One of the most exquisite silent movies made, http://video-izle.biz/watch-27745-The-Passion-of-Joan-of-Arc-online-free (1928), the title role actress actually had a nervous breakdown after the film was finished, she gave such an intense performance.

It won the National Board of Review, USA for that year, and was honoured in 2010 by the Online Film & Television Association who put it in their Hall of Fame.
Posted 1 year, 4 months ago | Quote Post
dwdw9988
I love classic movies from 1930 onward, but I haven't been able to get into silents, and I don't know why. (I have no problem with text on the screen -- I often watch subtitled TV and movies.) I appreciate all that went into making them, but I don't enjoy them. Maybe in time ...
Posted 3 months ago | Quote Post
lowoil
I have just a few movies that I could stand to watch through and through from the silent age. City Lights, Metropolice (spell) were well done though. But I love the human voice above a piano.
Posted 2 months ago | Quote Post
dramucom
Com. Mod
I really just stick to silent comedies (Chaplin, Keaton, Fields, L&H etc) The incredibly creepy classic Nosferatu is high up on my list as well.

http://www.primewire.is/watch-1124-Nosferatu-online-free

Posted 2 months ago | Quote Post

You're not logged in!

Forum Index > Older Movies > Silent films: What do you think of them?

Remember Me
Forgot Login | Make a Free Account

Information

LetMeWatchThis Guide TV Schedule

Support the Site

Site Updates and News

Did you know you can use Primewire.org and Primewire.is to access this site? Well, now you do.
Check out the personalized TV Schedule.

Latest Comments

Hawaii Five-0

EquinePassion : "tinder for the dead" danno danno

Australia Day

zapater : When you get to the second half of the movie it all starts to gel,but unfortunat ...

Near Dark

DaemonicNimrod : Excellent but a very different kind of vampire flick. Very atmospheric. The enti ...

Restored

Black_Mama : I love this show, but this house is for a family of TEN and the dining room has ...

Thor: Ragnarok

ronbonnie : Entertaining movie with the reviews and box office I was expecting better, that ...

Toby Tyler, or Ten Weeks with a Circus

lowoil : Reminds me of an even older 1936 movie called **Let's Sing Again**. 7/10

UFC PPV Events

October78 : Wow great fight! main event anyway.

More Comments

Support the Site

Tell Us Stuff

Support the Site